Easter Eggs Chocolate Sugar Cookies

This is my first time making chocolate sugar cookies. The taste is definitely yummy, I might never make plain vanilla sugar cookies ever again. The dark base color really makes the spring colors pop!

So today is the first day of cookie decorating for Easter. I plan to make cookies the next 3 days also, each day will be different designs and techniques. I did the same with the St. Patrick's day sugar cookies.

Today, I present hand piped Easter egg cookies. Tomorrow I will be working with rubber stamps on cookies. My goal is to make a 3D Easter egg basket sometime this week.


Anyways, I came up with 6 different Easter egg designs. You only see 5 in the photo though. Why? Because I originally came up with 5 designs. One of the design requires the wet on wet technique for royal icing. I was going to have one of the eggs have polka dots as a background. My brain must have been made of tofu, because I completely forgot about it when I was letting the icing dry.


So when I came back to it, the icings were dry. Darn. So I had to come up with a 6th design. You guys will never see the missing 5th design =[ Well, at least not this coming Easter.


This cookie in the middle here, is the 6th design.


So, this chocolate cookie is very yummy. You will love it more than my vanilla sugar cookie. It even has coffee in it, to make the chocolate extra chocolatey.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tps instant expresso/coffee powder
1/2 tps salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, room temp.
1 tps vanilla extract

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In your mixer bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well blended.
4. With the mixer on low, add in the flour mixture. Mix well.
5. Refrigerate until firm. 2 hours or overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 350F.
7. Roll cookies and cut. Bake for 12 minutes.
8. Cool before decorating.

I made more cookies this week for Easter. 

Click the link to go see more.


















3 comments :

Yomi said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
March 26, 2013 at 9:06 PM

These are so beautiful. What do you use to pipe the icing? Just regular piping bags?

Gwen said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
March 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM

@Yomi
Hi Yomi, I just use regular piping bags with different tips. Sometimes. when I'm doing lots of cookies in the same color, I will use a squeeze bottle. All the Easter cookies were with bags.

Alex moner said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
February 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I plan to make cookies the next 3 days also, each day will be different designs and techniques.easter egg hunt ideas

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...